Kern River Gas Transmission Company’s Summerlin Pipe Replacement Project replaced 1.56 miles of Kern River’s existing 36-inch-diameter mainline pipe on property located near Summerlin in Clark County, Nevada. The original pipe was installed to meet requirements for an undeveloped area. With a new residential development planned for the property, Kern River installed pipe with a greater wall thickness in order to meet U.S. Department of Transportation requirements related to developed locations. The new pipeline was installed parallel to the existing right of way. Once the new pipeline was placed in-service, the existing pipe was removed.
- March 2015 – Submitted application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission under Section 7(c) of the Natural Gas Act
- December 2015 – Received FERC certificate
- February 2016 – Received FERC Notice to Proceed
- March 2016 – Began construction
- June 2016 – Placed facilities into service