Kern River Gas Transmission Company is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for the benefit of our employees, enterprise partners and the public.
At Kern River we believe:
- Safety is integral to our company's performance – it's how we do business.
- Safe and healthy employees are our most valuable resource.
- All injuries are preventable and we must continually strive for zero accidents.
- Management, from the top down, is fundamentally responsible for safety leadership.
- Every employee is responsible and accountable for safety.
- All employees are empowered to take immediate, corrective action toward any unsafe work practice or condition.
- Facilities must be designed, constructed and maintained with safety in the forefront.
- Safety must not be compromised for any reason; no job is so important or service so urgent that safety will be compromised.
- The safety education of all employees is essential to the success of our safety program and hence our business.
- We must continuously evaluate our facilities, policies and actions to ensure the safety of employees, implementation of recognized best practices and compliance with federal and state regulations.
Safety is more than a priority – safety is a way of life on and off the job.